THE APPROVED MOUNTAIN COURSE
Take your flying career to new heights!
You are already a Private or Commercial Pilot and ready for the next step.
The mountain course will teach you the skills and techniques to safely work with some of the most demanding terrain in the world... the mountains of Canada! JoinAir prides themselves as being real mountain specialists, with long established roots and experience in the Canadian Mountains. We'll be with you the whole way, from the mountain peak to the classroom.
The 20 hour course is based on the best practices set out by the Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) and is approved by the British Columbia Forest Service, who better to learn from than JoinAir?
- Planning for Mountain Operations
- Density Altitude
- Aircraft Performance
- Weather, Wind & Wind Finding Techniques
- Airspeed & Altitude Control
- Mountain Winds (Up flow & Down flow)
- Approach & Departure paths
- Mountain Landings
- Overshoots & Rejected Landings
- Power Checks
- Heavy Loads
- Glaciers & Snowfields
- Whiteout conditions & References
- Tail Rotor Authority in the Mountains
- Load Positioning
All Mountain courses are taught on our Robinson 44 or on the Bell 206 JetRanger
This program does not require approval by the registrar of The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB). As such, the registrar did not review this program.