COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE
Here's your chance to enter the world of aviation on a professional level. The Commercial Pilots License is for those who crave flight on a daily basis. If that's you; look no further!
The Commercial Pilots License here at JoinAir is a full Transport Canada approved course. The course consists of 65 hours of flight training designed to get you ready for the real world of working as a Commercial Aeroplane Pilot. Applicants will learn a variety of flight exercises including but not limited to taxiing, attitudes and movement, straight and level flight, climbing, descending, turns, flight for range and endurance, slow flight, stalls, take-offs, circuits, approach and landings. Ground school topics covered include Canadian Aviation Regulations, aerodynamics and theory of flight, meteorology, airframes, engines and systems, flight instruments, radio and electronic theory, navigation, flight operations, licensing requirements, and human factors including pilot decision-making.
- Least 18 years of age
- Must hold a Private Pilot License - Aeroplane or Helicopter Pilots License
- Hold a current Category 1 Canadian Aviation Medical Certificate (Find an examiner near you)
- Pass an English proficiency test (if required)
- A minimum of 80 hours of attended ground school
- Pass the Transport Canada (CPAER) written exam with a minimum of 60%
- Pass the Commercial flight test
-A minimum of 65 hours flight training which includes the following:
- Dual 35 hours includes: 5 hours night flying (2 hours cross-country)
5 hours cross-country
20 hours instrument.
- Solo 30 hours includes: 5 hours night flying (10 take-offs and landings)
25 hours of improving skills
1 cross-country flight (300 NM from departure and 3 landings)
- The total flying time required to get a Commercial Pilots License including the Private Pilots License training is 200 hours; of which required is 100 hours of PIC with 20 hours of cross-country PIC.
- Those who hold a Commercial Pilots License - Helicopter will be fully credited 100 hours flight time towards the required 200 hours total.
- Those who hold a Private Pilots License - Helicopter will be fully credited 50 hours towards the 200 hours total flight time required. A maximum of 25 hours of pilot-in-command (PIC) will be credited towards the 100 hours PIC flight time required.
Enrollment open all year round